The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our BUSINESS facility in Simplot Headquarters – Boise, ID. Idaho however, the qualified candidate living elsewhere in the United States will be considered.
Lead, develop and direct the long-term global strategy surrounding imported crop-nutrient products that compliments and supplements Simplot’s unique phosphate position, complementary distribution systems and global market presence. This includes creating short and long-term strategic plans, coordinating marketing efforts through the Wholesale Ag sales team, developing distribution systems, and has ultimate profit and loss responsibility from import activities.
* Develops and executes a long-term global business strategy, while collaborating with other AgriBusiness units, sales, logistics, legal and risk management to maximize profitability from import crop-nutrient activity while supporting and optimizing Simplot’s overall manufactured phosphate portfolio.
* Develops and maintains relationships with potential crop-nutrient suppliers, both global and domestic, and execute supply agreements that support the long-term strategy.
* Develops and executes an annual business plan, to include but not limited to, forecasting product volumes, distribution models and financial projections.
* Coordinates import positions, global market direction and sales pricing in conjunction with Wholesale Ag Sales Directors and Area Managers.
* Continuously seeks, explores and identifies additional long-term market import opportunities/channels that compliments AgriBusiness Strategic goals.
* Conducts effective trading; the buying, selling and positioning of products.
* Negotiates with strategic global suppliers and distributors to ensure adequate, timely and competitively-priced supply of products.
Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college or university required with emphasis in Business, Finance, Marketing, International or related field. Master’s degree (M.S. or MBA) is strongly preferred. Eight (8) to ten (10) years similar import/marketing and trading experience within the crop nutrient marketplace. Knowledge of vessel importing/river distribution logistics, stevedore activities strongly preferred. Must have a strong negotiating background/experience. Ability to work across intercompany business units and influence without authority. International and Domestic travel is required based on business needs, up to 25%. Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position. Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Simplot Candidates:
Please apply via Employee Space to Job ID#4440
Select Job Search
Select Current Opportunities
Select All Open Positions
Apply to Job ID#4440
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**