The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available in the California region.
Promotes and sells company feed phosphate products to new and existing accounts through direct customer contacts across multiple geographic regions. Cultivates prospective customers and develops new accounts. Analyzes industry trends and identifies new product opportunities to add to our existing offerings. Guides the professional development of lower level sales and Customer Service staff.
* Researches, analyzes, and provides thorough reports on competitors’ products and sales practices throughout the industry. Develops a variety of alternatives to react to an evolving marketplace.
* Researches, analyzes, and reports on competitors’ products and sales practices to Feed Ingredient Sales Manager.
* This position will be expected to gather, analyze and report on market intelligence.
* Identifies new product opportunities.
* Provide guidance, leadership, and direction to Customer Service and other sales staff.
* Key to this position is the ability to transfer knowledge and mentor all others within the group.
* Works across multiple geographic territories to increase sales to established client base. Manages highly complex sales accounts and transactions.
* Works independently to develop new sales accounts and identify new product opportunities across multiple geographic territories. Recommends innovative, alternative uses for existing products.
Ten plus years related sales experience and/or training. Incumbents at this level typically possess a comprehensive knowledge of the company, its customers, its products and their uses. There is a deep understanding of the feed phosphate and sodium bicarbonate markets in general which allows for effective strategic feedback to mgmt. Certificates: Four-year degree with Business or Animal Science/Animal Agriculture emphasis preferred. Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Select Job Search
Select Current Opportunities
Select All Open Positions
Apply to Job ID#4437
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**