Feed Mill Operations Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The person who is working as a feed mill operations will assist with the managing of all aspects of the feed mill. The person working as a Feed Mill Operations Manager should help with directing all activities required for producing feed at optimal cost, on schedule and within acceptable quality criteria.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (non-exclusive list)
• Establish, implement and monitor an effective preventive maintenance program. Assists in appropriate repair-versus-replace decisions.
• Assist with ensuring utilization of an approved maintenance management system to track costs and failure rates.
• Strive to achieve best-of-class operating performance.
• Provides performance data to management and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Provides proper emphasis to feed quality.
• Administers an effective safety program to ensure safe equipment, safe environment and policies/procedures that define safe work habits.
• Operates the facility in full compliance with all applicable local and international regulations.
• Follows all guidelines set forth in internally developed (Company) programs.
• Monitors all environmental issues and reports to supervisor periodically or as is immediately.
• Reads and understands the company’s emergency notification process. Responsible for reviewing that policy at work site.
• Works effectively with the procurement dept. to ensure adequate inventories of raw materials.
• Actively develops, shares, and adopts agreed upon company-wide best practices.
• Performs other duties as defined by Supervisor.
• Grade grain
• Communicate effectively with producers and vendors.
• Monitor grain bin and ingredient inventories
• Process daily paperwork to corporate office
• Have a moderate amount of equipment knowledge
• Monthly monitoring of fire extinguisher
• Understand feed formulas
• Must be able to keep area clean
• Safety and test management forms
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDING EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
• High school diploma is required – some additional training or an • • • Associate’s in an agricultural area is desired.
• Previous knowledge of feed mill operations, poultry management or general grain farming experience is highly desired.
• Capable of physically performing misc. duties in the feed mill, such as making feed for the various locations, tracking grain that is being sent to the farms, and doing necessary maintenance on any feed mill components or storage bins as necessary.
• Capable of maintaining an accurate grain inventory on a daily basis.
• Competent and professional communication skills (i.e. written and verbal.)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once – the ability to deal with stressful situations.
• Ability to treat co-workers with respect and courtesy.
• Ability to deal with customers professionally.
• Possess good decision making skills.
• Possess a strong sense of ethics regarding business and professional matters.
• Computer knowledge
• Must be able to complete grain purchase contracts